Subject: Re: New AMOS type language for the future
From: Ben Wyatt <[email-masked]>
To: AMOS Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 22:48:35 -0000

On 04-Mar-97, Branko Collin sat on a keyboard and produced this mess:

> I have been giving this some thought recently too, for two reasons:
> -I am compiling the Future of Amos Homepage I announced, and you cannot do
> that without wondering why Amos is so popular/good.
> -I recently started a pseudo software company with a friend, and I have been
> reading up on games creation lately.

> Apparently, when you write games, you use more tools than just the programming
> language (and/or its editor). For instance, when writing a platform game, you
> use a map editor, a sprite editor, a paint package, etc. What is so wonderful
> about Amos (IMHO) is that it doesn't just provide you with a language to
> program games in, but also a language to program game-making tools in. Writing
> a sprite-grabber in Amos is so easy, its laughable.

> I think that is one of the greatest assets of Amos.

Yes, I agree. There are many features of AMOS which make it so great. AMOS
programming is the way all programming should be. It's ridiculous how
complex programming is getting, with languages such as C++ and Java - it's
mostly unneccessary.

Bye ____________________________________________________
   /                                                    \
  / Ben Wyatt - [email-masked] or [email-masked] \
  \   http://www.paston.co.uk/users/bwyatt/index.html    /
   \____________________________________________________/
        (c)1995-97 Very Interesting Signatures Ltd.